Thursday 1 April 2010

April Fool's Day



i'm running, i'm running
Towards you, breathless, arms outstretched to catch you,
again, before you fall
Again, racing against the time to intercept your falling
Do i think I can save you?
No, just want to hurl myself into you
Throw myself round you and be there for you again

5 years since you fell,
And now, more urgent than before
Racing like the tide, to
Find that place where the surf fills every space
for a few seconds, before
leaving you again
Letting go

is the trauma


that is so hard to visit each year

reliving itself,
before leaving again.
it would have to be the moon
that drags me from you in this universal pull
each calendar form teetering in man-made frailty

so - my girl - i am nearly with you

for our foaming annual embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment